Posted on: 18 June 2015
Did you miss spring cleaning? Whether you live a busy life or you just weren't in the mood to tackle your house during the spring, summertime might even work better for you. If you have kids home from school, you'll just have extra hands to help you do the work. If not,
First Things First - Before you get out the cleaning supplies, consider getting rid of stuff. Like many families, you may have accumulated things that you know you're never going to use.
- A great way to tackle the job of too many belongings is to hand everybody a big plastic garbage bag and ask them to get rid of old school papers, socks with holes in them, or anything else that's just plain trash.
- Establish a location for things that will be given to charity and another stack for things that will later be sold at a yard sale. Telling the kids they can keep the money from the sale of their own possessions might inspire them to get rid of more stuff.
- It's a good idea to give everybody a time limit to get their jobs done. Otherwise, it's easy to get distracted and the job won't get done for a long time.
Tackle The Cleaning - Now it's time to get the cleaning products out!
- Consider giving each family member a little caddy or even a large plastic bowl with cleaning products in it. Add paper towels, a feather duster and rags. Each person is in charge of his or her own room. If kids share a room, help them divide the chores so that one child doesn't end up doing all the hard stuff.
- Another good idea is to divide the family into teams. Depending on how many people are in your family, this method covers a lot of ground in a short amount of time.
- One team could be in charge of cleaning bathrooms. Another team gets to clean the kitchen and the utility room. And so on!
Call In The Professionals - If your house is carpeted and it has been awhile since it has been thoroughly cleaned, now is the perfect time to get the job done by professionals.
- Professional carpet cleaners (such as CCI Cleaning Connection Inc) have been trained to look for trouble spots and to give them special treatment. State-of-the-art equipment will be used that will thoroughly release and dispose of even deep dirt and stains.
- The products that are used are safe for the environment, so you won't have to worry about children or pets being harmed.
- Professional carpet care is affordable. Consider setting up routine visits so your carpet will keep its like-new appearance.
Good luck on getting your home looking like new.Share